A humidifier helps prevent low humidity problems such as chapped, dry skin, sinus problems, sore throats and static electricity, and they can also improve your comfort while reducing your energy bill. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning can provide a solution for your home’s dry winter air with the installation of a humidifier. Our NATE certified technicians offer HVAC installation, maintenance, heating and air conditioning repair in Katy. Contact us today for additional information, or to schedule the installation of a whole house humidifier in your heating and air conditioning system.
Relative humidity is the measurement of the amount of water vapor in the air. Humidity is higher in the summer when the combination of heat with increased relative humidity makes us uncomfortable. Humidity makes the temperature feel hotter than it actually is, because an increased humidity prevents perspiration from evaporating efficiently.
Humidity is lower during the winter, and the drier air evaporates perspiration more quickly, leaving us feeling cooler than it actually is. In general, optimal humidity is in the range of 30-50 percent. Within this range mold and mildew are less likely to form, woof products are less likely to crack, and you will be more comfortable. Maintaining an ideal humidity enables the thermostat to be lowered, saving you money on energy costs. In addition, lowering the temperature reduces wear on the HVAC system, enabling the system to last longer and reducing the need for heating and air conditioning repair in Katy.
How They Work
Installed to work with the heating system, furnace humidifiers produce moisture. As the furnace heats the air moving through the system and releases it through the ducts, the humidifier moisturizes the conditioned air and disperses it throughout the home’s entire living space. Portable humidifiers typically require monitoring for the need to refill, and are only capable of increasing the humidity in the room they are in.
A whole house humidifier frees you from the need to monitor and refill. They also offer the following advantages throughout your home:
- Maintenance of the humidifier can be provided during the annual heating and air conditioning maintenance service call, so there is no need for an extra service call unless a problem occurs. If you need heating or air conditioning repair in Katy, give us a call.
- Humidified air helps to prevent illness by maintaining moist mucous membranes. Dried membranes, leave you vulnerable to colds, sinus infections, influenza, sore throats and other respiratory problems.
- Moisturized air prevents the painful zaps of static electricity. The electrical charges are not completely harmless, they can damage sensitive electronics. A humidifier solves the problems.
- Dry air doesn’t just impact your health. It causes problems for the wood products in your home. Dry air can cause damage to wood floors, and woodwork.
- The ability to turn the thermostat down during the winter saves approximately 1% on energy costs for each degree you adjust it. With a humidifier you can turn the thermostat down and save money. Moisturized air makes you feel warmer at a reduced temperature, enabling you to lower the thermostat, save money and reduce the need for heating and air conditioning repair in Katy.
If you would like a comfortable, and healthier home, contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning. Our NATE certified professionals offer the expertise you can rely on for for whole house humidifier installation. In addition, our HVAC technicians offer a wide range of HVAC services, including heating and air conditioning repair in Katy, maintenance, or the installation of heating and air conditioning. We serve Katy, Plano and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.