3 Signs That You Need to Call a Heating and Air Conditioning Repair Professional | Katy, TX
Photo By Prostock-studio at Shutterstock
The summers in Texas can get very hot. The average temperature in July and August in Katy is 96 degrees, and it gets hotter than that on some days. Because it gets so hot during the summer, it is essential that your HVAC system is functioning correctly. The last thing you want is a complete breakdown during one of the hottest days of the year.
The best way to be sure that your HVAC system is always functioning properly is to have your HVAC system inspected and tuned up by a licensed professional every year. The best time to do this is right before the cooling season begins. Even if you have your system inspected and tuned up every year, something can go wrong. This is why it is essential that you can recognize the signs that you need to call a professional in heating and air conditioning repair. If you can identify the signs early, you can call a professional to your home to repair before the system breaks down completely.
Blowing Warm Air
During the summer, your HVAC system’s primary purpose is to keep your Katy, TX, home cool. If it is blowing warm air, you should call a professional. Before calling a professional, you should check for a clogged air filter, dirty condenser coils, or a closed return vent. All of these issues can cause the HVAC system to blow warm air.
If none of these issues are causing the problem, you will need to call a professional in heating and air conditioning repair. There are a few things that could be causing the problem.
- Low refrigerant: The air conditioning unit in your home’s HVAC system runs on refrigerant. The coolant flows through a closed-loop, which keeps the unit cold. This means that you cannot run out of refrigerant the way your car runs out of gas. However, if you have a refrigerant leak somewhere, the level will go down, making it difficult to cool your home. This is an issue that should only be handled by a professional in heating and air conditioning repair.
- Damaged air ducts: The air ducts are responsible for transporting cold air throughout your Katy, TX, home. If the air ducts are damaged, the cool air can escape, making your home feel warmer. Because the ductwork is complex, you shouldn’t make this a DIY project. A professional in heating and air conditioning repair has the knowledge and experience to inspect the ductwork and find and repair the leak.
- Faulty condenser: If the outside condenser is defective, it can result in warm air coming into the home.
- Faulty thermostat: If the thermostat in your Katy, TX, home is not functioning properly, your HVAC system won’t know how cool to keep you home. If you have the thermostat set correctly and warm air is still coming from the vent, call an HVAC technician.
Strange Sounds Coming from the Unit
It is normal for the HVAC system in your Katy, TX home to make some noise while running; however, if you notice strange sounds, you should contact a professional in heating and air conditioning repair. There are certain sounds that warrant immediate attention.
- Clicking sounds from the air conditioner condenser, which could indicate a small obstruction in the fan or the condensing unit.
- Squealing sounds from the indoor unit, which could indicate a faulty indoor fan.
- Screeching sounds like metal on metal from the outdoor unit. This could indicate that the bearings in the fan motor are worn. It could also suggest that the fan needs to be replaced.
- Banging or clanging sounds from the outdoor condenser
- Bubbling or gurgling sounds in the condensate drain line. It could be clogged or cracked.
- Hissing sounds
- High-pitched or screaming noises from the compressor, which could mean that there is too much pressure in the system.
Each of the sounds is signs that there is a problem within your HVAC system. Because allowing the problem to persist can result in a complete breakdown, you should call a professional in heating and air conditioning repair. Until the tech arrives at your home, you should shut the system down. Allowing it to continue running will make the problem worse.
Unusually High Energy Bills
If you have noticed that your energy bills are exceptionally high, you should contact a professional in heating and air conditioning repair. If your system isn’t running efficiently, it will need to work harder, which will increase your energy bills. If your air filter is not clogged, and the coils are not dirty, you should call a professional. The issue could be due to failing components, faulty air ducts, or poor installation. The sooner you call a professional in heating and air conditioning repair, the sooner your energy bills will go back to normal. Also, if your HVAC system is working too hard to keep your house warm, it can significantly reduce its lifespan.
If your HVAC system is not functioning correctly, you should not repair it on your own. It would take a professional to diagnose the problem and fix it properly. Trying to repair it on your own can cause more damage to the system. Also, it can void your warranty.
If you are experiencing issues, you want to hire a reputable heating and air conditioning repair professional. The techs at Cypress Heating and Air are highly trained and skilled. All of our techs are licensed, professional, and courteous. We will send a tech to your home to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs as quickly as possible. You should also schedule an annual appointment with us to have your system maintained. This is the best way to ensure that your HVAC system is running as efficiently as possible.