AC Repair Katy
There islittle maintenance the homeowner can provide on the air conditioner. That’sbecause the majority requires the expertise of a certified HVAC technician. Changing the airfilter on a routine basis and providing a cleaning of the air return grillare necessary tasks you can provide. Outdoors, ensure the condenser unit isclean by keeping the area surrounding it neat and clear of debris or plantgrowth. For all other maintenance, schedule service with your technician.Routine service is also important; it increases the unit’s efficiency,performance, extends its service life and potentially reduces the frequency of AC repair in Katy.
In our busylives, it is easy to forget to change the filter, and not doing so can resultin the need for AC repair in Katy, oreven the need for complete replacement of a burned out system. Each person hastheir own method, marking it on a calendar they often check, setting aside aspecific day for tasks such as changing the air filter, testing smoke andcarbon monoxide detectors and etc.
Filter caredepends on the type of filter the system requires, and will involve eitherchanging the filter on a specified routine basis, or cleaning it on a routinebasis.
DirtyFilters Cause Damage
The primarypurpose of a filter is to protect the blower fan and evaporator coil from the dustand debris pulled into the air return. Dust and debris can result in excessive wearof system components due to friction, and an overly dirty filter chokes thesystem of the needed air, resulting in ACrepair in Katy. The filter has the added benefit of cleaning the air thatmoves through the air return, and helps to keep the ductwork clean. Theductwork is an often overlooked component of the HVAC system. However, when dirt accumulates in the ductwork, andcondensation occurs, bacteria and mold may grow in the ducts, and be dispersedthroughout the home each time the system operates.
The problemscaused by a dirty filter may also cause the following problems:
· Dirty filters allow soiling of thesystem, and air flow is reduced, causing the system to work harder, resultingin wear and the need for AC repair inKaty.
· During the summer, a dirty, cloggedair filter can cause the cooling coil to freeze up, resulting in the AC blowing warm air, and potentialdamage to the system.
· Forgetting to change the filter formonths on end, will result in the failure of a component, and the need for AC repair in Katy. A dirty filter alsoreduces the lifespan of the heating and airconditioning system.
· A dirty filter causes dirty air to becirculated in the home, resulting in poor air quality that worsens allergiesand the symptoms of asthma.
· Poor efficiency is an additional resultof a dirty filter. Improving the energy efficiency of your system is as simpleas routinely changing the air filter,and scheduling annual maintenance by a professional.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning NATEcertified technicians offer expertise for your HVAC needs including installation, maintenance, heating and AC repair in Katy. You can rely onour technicians’ expert service. We serve Katy, Plano and the surroundingareas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.