AC Repair in Katy, TX – Repair or Replace
AC Repair in Katy, TX – When you have to come to a decision on whether you should replace your old worn out AC system or opt for ac repair, reach out to Cypress Heating and Air. We offer professional and experienced technicians that can provide you with great service and assist you with whether you will need to replace your system or if you can get away with having AC Repair in Katy, TX.
Age and wear are the ultimate decisive factor in the eventual failure of any HVAC system. A lack of annual maintenance will reduce the life cycle of even the best systems that are available in the market. Once these problems have taken their toll, it is likely AC Repair in Katy, TX will become more frequent. The ultimate question then becomes whether you should replace the system or continue repairing it. The answer will of course depend on your situation. For example, if you are planning on selling your home, installing a new system will increase the value of the home and the chances of sale. The alternative is to discount the price of the home and allow the buyer to purchase their own newer system of their choice.
On the other hand, if you plan on living in your home for some time, the following general guidelines will help assist you in making a decision:
- If the HVAC system is fairly new, within the first half of its service life, repair most likely will be the best course of action.
- If the HVAC system is 10 years old or even older, and is in need of a costly AC Repair in Katy, TX, then replacement might be the best course of action if your budget will allow so. Additionally, newer systems are much more energy efficient due to technological advancements and the unit will of course help pay for itself with these increased savings in energy. You should consider an ENERGY STAR rated system for some of the highest efficiencies available on the market. Additionally, if the unit uses R22 refrigerant, which is no longer in production, the cost of this refrigerant whenever it is required will be higher over time as supplies of it continue to dwindle away. Replacement will be the best option once again if budget allows so.
- Think about the cost of the AC Repair in Katy, TX against the purchase price of a new unit. Whenever the cost of repair is twenty five percent or more of the cost of purchasing a newer, more efficient system, you should consider replacing it. You should also take into account the amount that has already been spent on the older, worn out system from previous repairs. A newer, more energy efficient system will help offset the costs by paying for itself from the additional savings you will receive in the lower utility costs in operating it.
- Whenever an HVAC system reaches extensive age and wear, the performance of the system and its energy efficiency will dwindle. Whenever the old system is no longer able to maintain your comfort levels, it is time to get rid of it, rather than to continue providing AC Repair in Katy, TX. Signs of a system that is weakening include its inability to evenly cool the home and the rising energy costs in running it. Newer systems often average around thirty percent or greater energy efficiency in comparison to units more than ten years of age. Contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning to receive information on the highest possible efficiency for your home.
- The maintenance history for your system is also another important factor to consider. A well maintained system will usually last much longer than a system that has been neglected during its service life. Maintenance should be provided on an annual basis at a minimum, with the exception of heat pumps, which require bi-annual maintenance due to their year round usage.
What We Offer for Installation
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning offers professional technicians with some of the highest expertise in the area. This is important when you consider that for every HVAC system installed in the United States, one out of four are improperly sized. A technician whom installs a unit based on the existing unit’s size is not demonstrating professionalism, or proper practice. If your existing HVAC system was improperly sized, then the new system will be as well. Size is crucial, as it will affect the service life, performance, energy efficiency, comfort and health of your home.
If undersized, the system will run constantly, and not be able to cool your home effectively nor efficiently. If oversized, short cycling occurs, the system will not run long enough in order for it to be able to remove the excess humidity in the indoor air in your home. This can result in discomfort and the possibility of the growth of mold and mildew inside of your home. No matter if the system is undersized or oversized it will result in higher utility costs and a significantly lower service life for the HVAC system.
About Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning has been helping homeowners and businesses alike in Katy, Texas and surrounding areas for many years with AC Repair in Katy, TX. We are one of the leading heating and air companies in the area. Dedication, determination and professional services that you can rely on have helped made us the go to source for customers in the area who are in need of heating and cooling repairs, installations and maintenance. When you contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving high quality professional AC Repair in Katy, TX that is both reliable and affordable.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas is a leader in the HVAC field servicing Katy, Plano, and surrounding areas. Our NATE certified technicians provide professional HVAC related services, installation and repairs. If you are looking for help with your home or business’ HVAC system and need AC Repair in Katy, TX do not hesitate to give us a call today. One of our professional technicians will be more than happy to assist you and schedule a service call for AC Repair in Katy, TX at your earliest convenience. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning is a proud member of the BBB and maintains a rock solid A+ rating.