Air Conditioner Installation in Katy, TX – Thermostats
Air Conditioner Installation in Katy, TX – The location where a thermostat should be installed is a consideration that few homeowners think about before they have one installed in the home. To make matters worse, there are many thermostats installed in the wrong areas, where as you would think the heating and air conditioning contractors would know themselves.
The thermostat placement is an important part of a properly installed heating and air conditioning system. When located improperly, the thermostat will run too often, not often enough or won’t run at all.
The most common problems made in thermostat placement are as follows.
- The thermostat is not installed in or near the center of the home. For a heating and air system that uses a single thermostat, the location with an average temperature of the home is the best location; this is typically in the center of the home. When the location deviates from the center uneven cooling can happen due to improper air conditioner installation in Katy, TX.
- The thermostat is located near drafty areas in the home. When a thermostat is placed near windows or glass patio doors or any similar location the thermostat will usually have inaccurate readings. The same applies if the thermostat is located in the path of air blowing from registers. The lower temperatures surrounding windows and glass doors will cause the thermostat to run too often. In the winter it is in a colder location, and in the summer it is likely located in a warmer location, especially when the sun heats the area up. Air from vents can trick the thermostat into thinking it is warmer or colder than it really is when heated or cooled air strikes it.
- If sunlight directly strikes the thermostat it will cause it to cut off prematurely in the winter and to cut on prematurely in the summer.
- An additional problem that would cause the thermostat to trigger improper operation would be to locate it on an exterior wall with no insulation which would cause it to run more than may be required in the winter due to the reduced temperature of the wall.
Thermostats, like anything else will wear out and become increasingly inaccurate over time triggering on operation or cut off at inappropriate times. It is also possible to have the wrong thermostat for your heating and cooling system resulting in poor performance and uneven temperatures. Ask an HVAC technician to ensure that you have the correct thermostat, in the correct location for your system.
Troubleshooting a Thermostat
Turn the manual control for fan to the on position. If it begins to run then power is being provided to the thermostat. Make sure that the desired heating or cooling is in the on position. If the thermostat has been turned to off for heating and cooling neither will run. Check your electrical service box for breakers in the off position. If any are off, switch them back to the on position.
- If the thermostat is wireless, try changing the batteries and ensure it has the correct batteries, AA Lithium.
- If the fan still will not come on contact your heating and air conditioning technician.
If you are having problems with inadequate heating and cooling in your home and you feel like the thermostat may very well be the problem based upon this article, then get in touch with Cypress Heating and Air today to schedule an appointment. One of our professional and experienced technicians will be more than happy to assist you, inspect your home and your home’s heating and air equipment to see if there is a problem with the location of the thermostat due to unprofessional air conditioner installation in Katy, TX.
About Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning has been helping homeowners and businesses alike in Katy, Texas and surrounding areas for many years with air conditioner installation in Katy, TX. We are one of the leading heating and air companies in the area. Dedication, determination and professional services that you can rely on have helped made us the go to source for customers in the area who are in need of heating and cooling repairs, installations and maintenance. When you contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving high quality professional air conditioner installation in Katy, TX that is both reliable and affordable.
- Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas is a leader in the HVAC field servicing Katy, Plano, and surrounding areas. Our NATE certified technicians provide professional HVAC related services, installation and repairs. If you are looking for help with your home or business’ HVAC system and need air conditioner installation in Katy, TX do not hesitate to give us a call today. One of our professional technicians will be more than happy to assist you and schedule a service call air conditioner installation in Katy, TX your earliest convenience. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning is a proud member of the BBB and maintains a rock solid A+ rating.