Air Conditioner Repair in Plano, TX – The most obvious sign of the need for furnace repair is the failure of the furnace to operate. Recognizing the signs of impending furnace failure can give homeowner’s an advance warning that furnace and air conditioning repair in Katy repair is needed, and can prevent the need for an emergency service call.
Providing annual heating and air conditioning service to your home’s HVAC system is the best means of ensuring peak performance and efficiency, as well as ensuring a long service life for the system. However, tune-ups are not the only reason for the annual heating and air conditioning service. Safety is an additional factor for the annual inspection and tune-up. Worn parts will not operate efficiently and may cause safety issues. The system needs to be inspected and cleaned each year for both efficiency and safety reasons.
Let’s have a closer look at the benefits and reasons for the annual inspection and cleaning of the heating and air conditioning:
1. The inspection will identify worn components requiring furnace and air conditioner repair in Plano, TX.
2. Inspection will identify if the burner of a gas furnace has developed dangerous holes, cracks or if it requires cleaning.
3. Inspection can identify worn electrical components or a fan motor in need of lubrication or replacement. Worn electrical components have the potential to start a fire.
4. The flue of a gas operated furnace ventilates deadly carbon monoxide and other exhaust gases to the outside. An inspection will identify if the flue is clogged and needs to be cleaned.
5. Properly maintained heating and air conditioning equipment will last longer, and by identifying problems early, can prevent more costly repairs, and dangerous conditions from developing later.
6. Properly maintained heating and air conditioning equipment runs more efficiently, saving you on the cost of energy, while maintaining consistent comfort.
7. A number of manufacturers require annual maintenance to maintain the factory warranty.
Furnace Issues and Warning Signs
While a furnace won’t always give warning signs of impending problems, there are some signs to be aware of:
- A pure blue flame is a normal ignition flame in a gas furnace. If the flame appears yellow, orange or red, contact your HVAC technician for heating and air conditioner repair in Plano, TX. The pure blue color indicates the furnace is receiving the correct mixture of oxygen and gas. Prompt HVAC service is required if the flame is not blue.
- Unusual noises are a warning, examples of problems that can result in strange sounds and may indicate the need for repair is a worn fan motor (which can overheat and potentially cause a fire) or a loose fan (which can cause damage if it were to come completely loose). Contact your HVAC technician for heating and air conditioner repair in Plano, TX for strange noises.
- Unusual odors are a warning of the need for repair or replacement in gas or electrical furnaces. Some odor is expected when a furnace has been unused for some time due to dust on the burner. Examples of unusual odors to be aware of include burning wire or wire insulation and burning oil. If you detect these odors, shut the furnace off immediately and call your HVAC technician for heating and air conditioner repair in Plano, TX.
- Higher than normal energy bills likely indicate poor performance. There are a variety of issues that can cause this. Have your technician inspect the system and provide heating and air conditioner repair in Plano, TX.
- An aging furnace is more vulnerable to frequent breakdown and complete failure. Routine maintenance can help to extend the service life of a furnace, but eventually the furnace will require replacement. When keeping the system going requires frequent heating and air conditioning repair in Katy, consider investing in a new and reliable HVAC system. The improved energy efficiency of a new system will assist in paying for itself over time.
- Thermostats will eventually wear out. Signs of thermostat issues are a system that runs too often, or too little and failing to maintain a consistent temperature in your home.
- Homeowner’s often assume the furnace has worn out and requires replacement when ice dams on roofs and colder indoor temperature occur. When this is occurring in your home, before requesting HVAC service, check the insulation in the attic. If rafters are visible the attic requires the addition of insulation. This should stop the loss of heat in a home that was previously warm. Ice dams may also be due to clogged gutters, downspouts or a roofing issue.
Don’t forget to inspect the filter bi-weekly and change the filter monthly, or to clean those manufactured to be reused. Not all filters will require a monthly change, but filters should be inspected bi-weekly to ensure proper operation and efficiency.
Our certified and experienced HVAC technicians will provide the inspection, furnace repair and/or air conditioning repair in Katy that you need, to ensure the safe and efficient operation of your home’s HVAC system. Cypress’s certified professionals serve Katy, Plano and the surrounding areas.
About Cypress Heating and Air
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning has been helping homeowners and businesses alike in Katy, Texas and surrounding areas for many years with air conditioner repair in Plano, TX. We are one of the leading heating and air companies in the area. Dedication, determination and professional services that you can rely on have helped made us the go to source for customers in the area who are in need of heating and cooling repairs, installations and maintenance. When you contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving high quality professional air conditioner repair in Plano, TX that is both reliable and affordable.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas is a leader in the HVAC field servicing Katy, Plano, and surrounding areas. Our NATE certified technicians provide professional HVAC related services, installation and repairs. If you are looking for help with your home or business’ HVAC system and need air conditioner repair in Plano, TX do not hesitate to give us a call today. One of our professional technicians will be more than happy to assist you and schedule a service call air conditioner repair in Plano, TX at your earliest convenience. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning is a proud member of the BBB and maintains a rock solid A+ rating.