Air Conditioner Repair in Plano, TX – Saving Energy
Air Conditioner Repair in Plano, TX – There are a number of ways of saving energy in your home, and the installation of a programmable thermostat is an inexpensive solution for increasing both your comfort and reducing the energy bill. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning can assist you in saving energy with efficient heating and air conditioning. Our highly trained NATE certified technicians can provide the professional installation, air conditioner repair in Plano, TX or service you need to ensure the highest performance and efficiency for your home.
You don’t have to sacrifice comfort for a lower energy bill. One means of saving energy is adjusting the thermostat for the heating and air conditioning system to run less when family members are away from home, and at night while you sleep. The problem with doing so, is forgetting to make the adjustments, and coming home to an uncomfortable home.
A programmable thermostat can automatically handle it for you, including changing the temperature prior to your arrival, ensuring a comfortable indoor environment as family members return home.
Five Day Work Week
Programmable thermostats offer a number of different options, allowing a custom fit for your schedule. One option is 5/2 setting, which allows you to use different settings during a five day work week than the two day weekend.
The temperature is adjusted according to the season for the temperature you program, while family is away to work and school. You choose the time the heating and air conditioning system is to change the temperature in order to provide a comfortable home for returning family members. The temperature is again automatically adjusted to go into energy saving mode by adjusting the night time temperature while you sleep. During the weekend, the thermostat is programmed to the temperature and hours that suit your family schedule. This thermostat is ideal for families with a routine work week.
Seven Day Schedules
For those whose schedules vary from day to day, you can select a programmable thermostat with a seven day schedule. This thermostat allows you to create a different schedule for each day of the week. This thermostat is ideal for households with schedules that vary from day to day.
Some programmable thermostats feature a vacation setting, useful when you will be away for an extended time, or a weekend away.
More Tips to Save Energy
Use the following tips to save money on the cost of operating the heating and air conditioning system this winter:
- Opening the drapes on sun filled windows allows the sun to help out with heating your home. Remember to close them once the sun moves away to help prevent the cold from entering.
- Replace cracked or missing window caulking, worn or damaged door sweeps and weather stripping. Seal the gaps around incoming utility cables and pipes. When sealing gaps around ventilation pipes for gas burning appliances, only use an approved high temperature sealant.
- Check the attic insulation and if the ceiling joists are visible, add insulation. However, don’t allow it to cover electrical boxes. The insulation seals in heat and may cause a fire. Use an approved heat tolerant sealant tolerant around electrical boxes, but never cover them with insulation in the attic.
- Don’t close off a number of registers in unused rooms, as it can affect the pressure in the heating and air conditioning system, resulting in premature wear and poor performance. If you find yourself practicing this routinely, consider a ductless system for heating just the rooms you use, but enabling the ability to heat or cool unused rooms when needed. A ductless heating and air conditioning system can save you significantly on the cost of energy for your home.
- The air filter should be changed monthly. Changing the filter is a simple step for increasing the energy efficiency if your heating and air conditioning Air filters vary in their required frequency of change and their abilities, so always consult the heating and air conditioning system’s manufacturer recommendation for air filter type and the frequency of change. Generally, changing or cleaning a filter is from each month to every 2-3 months depending on the type. Regardless of the type, check the filter at last each month, and change if necessary whether it is time or not.
- Wear a sweater, it costs you nothing and will enable you to reduce the temperature. For every degree the thermostat is lowered, you will save an additional 1% on energy.
Choose Energy Star
When it is time to replace your heating and air conditioning system, choose Energy Star certified for maximum energy savings and increased reliability. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning NATE certified technicians can assist you in selecting the HVAC system right for you, your budget and saving energy. You can rely on our HVAC services, as NATE certification provides HVAC service technicians with the highest standard of training and practice available in the industry. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning serve Katy, Plano and the surrounding areas. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.
About Cypress Heating and Air
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning has been helping homeowners and businesses alike in Katy, Texas and surrounding areas for many years with air conditioner repair in Plano, TX. We are one of the leading heating and air companies in the area. Dedication, determination and professional services that you can rely on have helped made us the go to source for customers in the area who are in need of heating and cooling repairs, installations and maintenance. When you contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving high quality professional air conditioner repair in Plano, TX that is both reliable and affordable.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas is a leader in the HVAC field servicing Katy, Plano, and surrounding areas. Our NATE certified technicians provide professional HVAC related services, installation and repairs. If you are looking for help with your home or business’ HVAC system and need air conditioner repair in Plano, TX do not hesitate to give us a call today. One of our professional technicians will be more than happy to assist you and schedule a service call air conditioner repair in Plano, TX at your earliest convenience. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning is a proud member of the BBB and maintains a rock solid A+ rating.