Air Filters | Air Conditioning, Katy, TX
You depend upon your home’s heating and air conditioning in Katy, TX to provide year-round comfort. The air filters purpose is to protect the system from dust and dirt, which creates wear from friction when a dirty filter allows it to enter the system. The wear and tear will shorten the service life of your HVAC system, and will negatively impact its efficiency and performance. Changing the air filter on a routine basis will help to ensure the longevity of the system, and maintain your comfort and indoor air quality.
Using the appropriate filter for your heating and air conditioning system is important to receive the best performance. Filters are not all created equal, and an improved filter quality isn’t always the best thing for your specific system. There are various grades of air filters, and some work better than others. However, a superior filter may be denser than your system can draw air through. If this occurs, your system may be damaged due to the strain placed upon it in its efforts to draw air. If you are uncertain of the appropriate filter to use in your heating and air conditioning in Katy, TX, contact the manufacturer or give us a call.
Once the dust and debris have accumulated to a certain point the filter becomes ineffective, and can even block airflow, and allow damaging dust to enter into the HVAC system and your home. The best way to prevent a failed air filter, ensure cleaner air, and enhance the HVAC system’s longevity is to routinely change the air filter for your air conditioning in Katy, TX.
How often the filter should be changed will depend upon the amount of dust and debris that collects, and the type of filter it is. The air filter should be checked every month. Choose a day, such as the 1st for example, for filter check day. Many filters require changing every month, such as the cheap blue filters. Others are good for 90 days depending upon certain conditions that may apply. If any of the following affect your household more frequent changes may be required:
- A family member with allergies or asthma.
- Pets in the household.
- The use of a fireplace or a wood heater.
- The presence of a lot of dust and/or pollen.
- Being located on an active farm where activities stir up excessive dust.
- Having a smoker in the home.
If any of these conditions are relevant to your household, check the filter every 2 weeks and change as required but no less than once per month for the best performance of your air conditioning in Katy, TX.
Utilize the following tips for improving performance:
- Ensure the filter is inserted correctly. There should be an arrow indicating which way the filter should be located in the air return for appropriate filtration.
- Do not clean disposable filters, dispose of them once they are soiled, or if they become wet. A wet filter in the air return without explanation may indicate a problem. Contact your Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning certified technician for repair to the air conditioning in Katy, TX.Only permanent filters can be cleaned and remain effective and efficient. Do not risk mold forming within the system by reinserting a wet or damp permanent filter, let reusable filters dry completely before reinserting it.
When you have a problem with your heating and air conditioning in Katy, TX, give us a call to schedule service. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning offers experienced and certified technicians to provide maintenance, heating and air conditioning installation, as well as heating and air conditioning repair in Katy. We serve Katy and the surrounding areas. Call the certified experts you can rely upon for honesty, integrity and expertise.