For the average homeowner, the repair of a heating and air conditioning system is beyond their ability, and shouldn’t be attempted due to the hazards of gas and/or electricity. HVAC repair requires training, knowledge, experience and specialized equipment and tools. The HVAC system is an investment that you rely on to provide heating and air conditioning. Some minor issues are related to a lack of homeowner provided maintenance and caution, and these issues you can resolve without danger or the risk of creating worse problems,. Most problems will require a certified HVAC technician to resolve. The following discusses the signs of a problem, and whether or not you should schedule a repair. Contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning for professional heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
Heating and Air Conditioning problems may include:
- Poor airflow can lead to discomfort in your home. The problem may result from a variety of problems. First check the air filter, as a dirty one can hamper the air flow and cause damage to the system, and the same can be said about the grilled air return, ensure it isn’t clogged with lint. Next check the registers, which is where the air comes out of the ducts, and ensure they haven’t been closed off. Otherwise, you’ll need to contact your HVAC technician for heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
- When the home heating system blows cold air the cause is most likely going to require a technician to provide heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX. Before you call for help, check the outdoor system for ice on the unit or the coil when the temperatures are below freezing. Contact Cypress Heating and Air conditioning for HVAC repair.
- Refrigerant leaks in heat pumps are not likely to be recognized by the average homeowner, unless you hear the gas escaping. Declining performance may indicate a leak. Refrigerant can only be handled by a certified HVAC technician. Furthermore, specialized equipment may be required to evacuate air from the system after the leak is repaired and before recharging with refrigerant. Contact us today to schedule heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
- A tripped circuit breaker may be the result of a transient power surge, or the result of a serious problem in the heating and air conditioning system, such as a short, for example. Contact your technician for diagnosis of repeated tripped breakers and heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
- As the central control of your heating and air conditioning system, the thermostat may be at fault for problems. First, ensure it is on the proper settings of Heat and Auto for the fan. If your thermostat requires batteries, check the status and look for a low warning that can cause issues. Furthermore, if battery changes are required have your technician check for loose connections. Otherwise, contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning for heating and heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
The best means of avoiding common HVAC problems is to schedule annual maintenance each year. However, a heat pump should be serviced each spring and fall, due its year round operation. Maintenance includes comprehensive testing and inspection of the system to identify problems early before additional problems can result. In addition, your technician will also provide cleaning, and the required oiling and adjustments of the system to ensure it provides peak performance, efficiency and operates reliably.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning offers NATE certified technicians for the highest level of quality and expertise available. We also offer 24 hour emergency service, installation, heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX for residential and commercial applications. We offer service in Plano, Katy and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.