Common Reasons For Heating and AC Repair | The Woodlands, TX
The Woodlands, TX, has hot and humid summers, and a fully functioning AC during spring and summer is a must. While autumn and winter months are cool and breezy, you’ll benefit from a working furnace. At any given time throughout the year, residents of The Woodlands can find themselves using either their heating or AC components. As such, it is less than desirable to find out that you have a broken system in need of heating and AC repair, especially during the hottest days of summer or coldest days of winter. Springtime is the ideal time to schedule heating and AC repair, get maintenance tasks out of the way, and ensure that your AC is working fine after a few months of hibernation.
There’s no place like home. Your home should be a place of peace, comfort, and security. The overall comfort of your home can quickly change due to extreme changes in temperature and heat, which can cause your HVAC system to fail. Mr. Reliable Heating & Air offers both emergency 24/7 heating and AC repair services, as well as scheduled maintenance to help return your home’s HVAC to peak operating efficiency. Our qualified and experienced team will inspect your AC to determine the cause of the problem and help prevent any further damage. We offer a variety of heating and AC repair solutions, depending on your budget and needs.
Our main heating and repair services fall into three categories: system diagnostic and repair, part and system replacement, and system maintenance jobs.
System Diagnosis and Repair: Our The Woodlands, TX team can diagnose and repair your cooling and heating system. Qualified, experienced technicians are able to conduct a thorough diagnostic of your system and find the cause. They will also detect any other damages that may need attention under a heating and AC repair service. The next step is to discuss with you a plan of action that includes the appropriate heating and AC repair or replacement. Technicians are typically equipped with the necessary equipment and parts to perform minor repairs. For more extensive repairs, the cost and timeline will be discussed and adjusted as necessary.
Part and System Replacement: You can replace the entire system or single components of your home heating system, such as thermostats, heat exchangers, burners, and more. Our team can inspect and replace a wide variety of parts that fit major manufacturer’s heating and AC systems, including but not limited to the following:
• Furnace burners
• Heat exchangers
• Filter racks
• Capacitors and contactors
• Evaporator coils
• Air filters
All jobs that require part or full system replacement will include a detailed estimate that includes labor and parts, as well as a time estimate for the completion of any necessary heating and AC repair. Our highly skilled technicians will then remove and replace faulty heating or air conditioning components at a time that suits.
System Maintenance: Regular heating and air maintenance will prevent your system from suffering serious and costly problems. Mr. Reliable technicians can clean and calibrate your thermostat, air ducts, and other system equipment. Our technicians will also verify that every part is in good condition and operating at its best. We will inform you if we find any problems during a routine inspection of the HVAC installed at your home in The Woodlands, and we will discuss the best course of action to repair or replace it.
When AC Heating & Repair Is Necessary
With a little research, you can identify signs that your system needs repair and quickly decide whether it’s the right time to request heating and AC repair in The Woodlands, TX. Let’s take a look at the most common signs that HVAC repair services are necessary:
• Incorrect thermostat readings. If there is a discrepancy between the thermostat’s readings and the actual temperature in your home, you’ll likely need a technician to investigate. Sometimes, this issue is caused by faulty components. In other cases, it can be down to the incorrect placement of a thermostat. Ideally, a thermostat should be placed in a central location, away from direct sunlight, windows, doors, air vents, high traffic areas, such as hallways, and away from your kitchen.
• Loud noises and vibrations. Air conditioners that require repair can often emit loud vibrations. These are usually caused by mechanical problems, such as a faulty fan motor or compressor. Sometimes, the blower wheel or fan blade can be out of alignment and require putting back into shape. A rattling sound from your furnace is far more worrisome, as this could mean your HVAC has a cracked heat exchanger. A cracked heat exchanger is a common cause of carbon monoxide leaks and requires an emergency heating and AC repair callout if possible.
• Strange smells. Air conditioners in dire need of repair can often emit smells reminiscent of car exhaust fumes. Unexpected smells such as this most likely mean there is a refrigerant leak. Often, this requires qualified heating and AC repair technicians to locate the leak and repair or replace the damaged refrigerant line. Burning smells can indicate that vital electrical components, such as power wires, circuit boards, fans, and compressors are damaged and an immediate fire hazard. Other smells to watch out for include foul or rotten egg smell that may be caused by dead critters, and moldy smells that may be caused by an accumulation of water that provides a nice home for fungus and bacteria to grow.
• Water pooling. Visible water pooling can be an indication that your system has a frozen evaporator coil, clogged drain line, disconnected drain line, broken condensate line, or a broken, missing, or rusted drain pan. To figure out and rectify the correct cause, call for a heating and AC repair technician to investigate.
• Rising electricity bills. Faulty motors, compressors, filters, and other components struggling to perform as intended can cause energy bill spikes and indicate that your system needs a heating and AC repair service. Faulty parts reduce overall efficiency, making it harder to heat and cool your home, so your system has to work for longer to compensate. This increased usage naturally leads to your HVAC being more expensive to run.
Three Most Common Reasons for Heating and AC Repair
Let’s talk about some common problems that can be attributed to these situations! If you choose the wrong heating and AC repair company to resolve HVAC issues or install new systems for you, you may find yourself in need of booking heating and AC repair sooner than necessary.
Heating and AC equipment should be maintained and repaired by professionals. Expert services are recommended to avoid expensive, inconvenient, or even fatal emergency repairs down the line. Try to avoid DIY repairs or relying on unqualified, uninsured, or otherwise untrustworthy technicians to save yourself money, as you may end up paying more, in the long run, to get issues fixed by a true professional. Some technicians could skip vital parts of the maintenance process, leading to premature wear and tear.
Inadequate maintenance is one of the leading causes of HVAC systems failing. To prevent the HVAC system from failing, make sure you read your owner’s manual. Schedule an annual maintenance appointment to clean the system, check fluid levels and attend to any other issues, as per the manufacturer’s handbook. These tasks are critical for the safety and reliability of your HVAC system. Any issues deemed too complex or confusing can be dealt with by a qualified technician to help you avoid inadvertently performing inappropriate maintenance.
Older heating and AC systems installed in The Woodlands, TX, homes are more likely to fail than new, efficient ones. If you find yourself paying more for emergency heating and AC repairs more often than necessary, it is time to upgrade your HVAC system. We offer comprehensive maintenance and repair services as well as installation. We can also replace any hybrid, central air, or mini-split system, as well as other systems.
Tips For Avoiding Summer AC Repairs in The Woodlands
Maintain Your Property
You, as a homeowner, need to take good care of your home. This includes your air conditioner. How often have you changed your air filter in the past year? You should change or clean them every few months. This will help keep your home’s air clean. Make sure to get the right size air filter when replacing it.
It is possible to spot clean your AC unit and make it last through the summer. Your outside unit can become clogged with leaves, grass, dirt, and dust. Turn off the power source before you begin to clean it. Next, spray any debris from the exterior of the unit with a hose. To remove any debris that may have accumulated inside the unit, take out the fan cage.
Vegetation growth can cause obstructions to airflow and trap air within the unit. Get rid of all leaves and other debris. Any branches or vegetation that is closer than two feet from the ground should be cut back.
AC Unit Problems
You should be aware of signs that your AC unit is not cooling your home properly. Here are some signs you should be looking out for:
Bad airflow: If one part of the room feels cooler or hotter than others, it could be a sign that your component is failing. You don’t want to ignore this sign. We can help you to verify it.
Strange sounds: A component may be loose or damaged if they make strange sounds. Neglecting the problem can cause more damage.
Inefficient cooling: Does your home not feel cool enough even though your cooling system is on? You might need to replace your cooling system or make repairs.
Leakage or excessive moisture: It is normal for your unit to have some moisture. If you notice water pooling on the ground, it could be a sign of a leak.
Unusual odors: An unusual smell could be a sign that your air filter needs cleaning or replacement. This could also indicate a problem with the wiring or a clogged component.
Inaccurate thermostat readings: If your thermostat reads 70 but your house feels 85, a professional should come out to inspect.
Risks Associated With Avoiding Heating and AC Repair
• Poor HVAC System Performance
It is possible that your HVAC system is not running at its peak because of something simple. Mr. Reliable heating and AC repair technicians will make sure that your HVAC system runs at its best, no matter what, even if it just requires a tune-up or a simple clean.
• Shorter HVAC Lifespan
An HVAC unit can be a large investment. Regular maintenance will prolong the life of your HVAC system. General wear and tear can lead to problems for any homeowner in The Woodlands, TX, who doesn’t keep up with annual maintenance.
• Safety Concerns
If you neglect your HVAC unit, it can pose a danger to your safety. Safety for you and your family can be ensured by regular maintenance. Safety concerns include:
Fire Hazards: A leak in an oil or gas line, loose connections in electric lines, or wiring problems can lead to a fire hazard.
Carbon Monoxide Leakage: CO poisoning can be tasteless and odorless, and may go unnoticed. The poisonous gas can pose a serious health risk.
Water Leakage: A clog in your drain pipe can cause flooding.
• Lower Comfort Levels
Your home’s comfort level is maintained by a well-maintained HVAC system. Your vent could be blocked or dirty if some rooms feel warmer or cooler than others. Dirty vents can make it difficult for heat and cold to be distributed evenly throughout any home in The Woodlands, TX. You can make sure that every room is comfortable with timely maintenance, heating, and AC repair.
• Too Much Humidity
Your air conditioner does more than cool your home. It also manages humidity levels and keeps them under control. This is particularly important during Texas’ humid summers. The system could become faulty without seasonal maintenance and let humidity into your home.
• Loss Of Peace of Mind
You may not be able to determine the age of an HVAC system if you have just moved in. For peace of mind, call your local technician from Mr. Reliable Heating & Air and have your HVAC system checked out for any abnormalities.
Photo By txking at istock