Dehumidifier | Air Conditioning Katy, TX
No one in the south needs to be told that summers are hot and humid. What homeowner’s may not realize is that high humidity can have adverse effects on a home, as well as your health and comfort. Hot and humid weather outside can mean excess moisture inside. Mold and mildew, musty odors, condensation, warped wooden surfaces, and cracked, peeling, or blistering paint can all result from excessive humidity in the home. The installation of a whole-house dehumidifier integrated with your air conditioning in Katy, TX can greatly improve your comfort, health and the health of your home by controlling the overall humidity.
How They Work
A whole-house humidifier is installed to work in conjunction with the home’s heating and air conditioning system, where the dehumidifier pulls air through the return ducts. The warm, moist air passes over a cold coil, condensing the moisture into liquid; the water is removed through a drain pipe. The dry air then passes over a warm coil and is added back into the room. Dehumidifiers are controlled by a dehumidistat, which turns the unit on and off depending on the amount of moisture detected in the air.
- Dehumidifiers are ideal to use with the home’s air conditioning in Katy, TX, as it is easier for the AC to cool drier air than humid moisture laden air. This reduces the air conditioner’s workload, and as it doesn’t need to run as often, it saves you money on energy.
- Drier air increases your comfort, enabling the thermostat to be turned up, saving money on the energy costs for your home’s air conditioning in Katy, TX. Elevated humidity makes it feel hotter than it actually is, and a drier environment is more comfortable. According to the U.S. Energy Star program, homeowner’s can save up to 6 percent on air conditioning costs for every degree the thermostat is turned up.
- Reducing indoor humidity decreases the moist conditions that molds and mildew thrive on, providing a healthier home.
- Dust mites and allergens also thrive in moist environmental conditions. A relative humidity below 50% will reduce the dust mite population and that of other allergens.
- Whole-house humidifiers require little maintenance. Portable humidifiers on the other hand, require frequent emptying of the collection container, filter replacement and other maintenance tasks. Whole-house models do require installation by a HVAC technician.
As with any appliance, select an Energy Star-rated, high-efficiency unit. Our experienced HVAC technicians will ensure the unit is sized properly for your home and its unique conditions.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning can provide the installation of a whole-house dehumidifier in your home. Our technicians will accurately size the dehumidifier required for your home and provide the professional installation. We offer a wide range of HVAC services, including repair, installation and service of your heating and air conditioning in Katy, TX. For further information about a whole-house dehumidifier, or to schedule installation give us a call. We serve Katy, Plano and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.