Ductless Air Conditioning | Air Conditioning in Katy, TX
If you are considering the available options for providing air conditioning in Katy, TX for your home, you may have considered a ductless system as a potential option. Going ductless may be the only option for your home; you may have an addition, a small apartment or unconditioned room that could benefit from it. Let’s look at the benefits of ductless air conditioning in Katy, TX and how it can benefit you:
- They’re cost-effective. A ductless air conditioning system is more energy efficient than a central system, saving money on the cost of energy. According to the EPA, approximately 30% can be saved on energy use by installing an Energy Star certified ductless system.
- They’re easy to install. Ductless systems can be installed in significantly less time than central air conditioning. They will fit almost anywhere. If the area has a wall and a ceiling there will be a system right for your space.
- They’re simple to operate. Ductless systems often have a remote control, allowing adjustments to the temperature of the air coming from the unit.
- They’re compact. A ductless system’s reduced size makes them ideal for cooling down small spaces or individual rooms. Ductless systems offer a variety of interior design options. The indoor air handlers can be suspended from a ceiling, mounted flush into a drop ceiling and out of sight, or hung on a wall. Ductless indoor units today provide sleek profiles. Ductless systems offer greater home security, due to the requirement of only a small hole in the wall. Systems mounted through the wall or in a window provide a convenient entrance for intruders.
- They’re quiet. Ductless systems operate quieter than other options.
- Helps to maintain a consistent temperature. If your home has rooms that tend to be colder in the winter and warmer in the summer, a ductless system can provide the solution for a more consistent temperature. When using a ductless system for zoned heating and cooling, you have control over the temperature of each zone.
- Variable speed fans. Variable speed fans provide the air that is needed by varying the speed of the fan for one room or multiple rooms. Automatically increasing and decreasing the fan speed as is required, will save money on energy, while providing the comfort you need.
Ductless Air Conditioning in Katy, TX
Ductless air conditioning requires little installation, and provides an ideal solution if the installation of ductwork in your home is not an option, or if you would prefer to avoid the costs of duct installation and repair.
Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioning in Katy, TX
As with central HVAC systems, mini splits have two main components: an outdoor condenser containing the compressor, and an indoor air-handling unit. The power cable, refrigerant tubing, suction tubing, and a condensate drain are housed within a conduit linking the outdoor and indoor components.
The ductless mini split air conditioning in Katy, TX provides zoned air conditioning without ducting in multi-family homes or additions that have non-ducted heating systems. The system has the advantage of allowing for only the occupied spaces to be conditioned, saving on energy costs.
Since mini splits have no ducts, the energy losses associated with ductwork of central forced air systems is avoided. Duct losses of conditioned air due to leaks can account for approximately 30% of energy use, especially if the ducts are located in an unconditioned space such as an attic.
Mini Split Heat Pump
Mini split heat pumps share the advantages of mini split air conditioners, with the addition of also providing heat for your home.
As with a traditional heating system with ducts, correct installation is the key to this system’s efficiency and performance. The placement of the indoor units will require accurate calculation in order to achieve the maximum efficiency, performance and coverage for each. Use a qualified HVAC contractor to provide installation in order to avoid the problems associated with an improperly sized or poorly installed system.
With accurate sizing and installation, ductless mini-split heat pumps can provide greater comfort, cleaner air, enhanced efficiency and performance and a quieter home environment.
If you’re interested in ductless heating and/or air conditioning in Katy, TX, Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning’s HVAC professionals will provide the information you need to make an informed decision in determining the best HVAC for your home. You can count on the expertise of our HVAC certified technicians to provide the professional installation you desire. Thanks for visiting Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning.