Furnace Repair | Air Conditioning Repair Plano, TX
With the winter season upon us, a broken furnace is the last thing any homeowner wants. When it occurs, you need prompt furnace repair, and Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning can provide you with it. Quite often, a furnace simply quits without the homeowner being aware of any impending problems. The ability to recognize the signs of furnace problems before they become full blown failure enables the homeowner to schedule a repair before being left in the cold. Our HVAC professionals offer emergency heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX 24/7 for your convenience.
Maintaining the HVAC System
The provision of annual heating and air conditioning service to your home’s HVAC system is the best way to reduce the need for repairs, while ensuring the system operates efficiently, effectively and safely. Worn parts won’t operate efficiently and may cause safety issues within the system. All of these are good reasons for having the system inspected and cleaned each year, as well as providing any repairs that are needed.
The major benefits for an annual inspection and cleaning of the heating and air conditioning system are:
- The identification of worn components provides the opportunity for furnace and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX before the part fails on a winters coldest night. Worn electrical components have the potential to start a fire.
- The inspection provided during a tune-up will identify the development of dangerous holes or cracks to gas burning chambers. A chamber in this condition is a serious threat to your family’s safety and must be replaced promptly, or a new furnace installed.
- All fossil fuels produces deadly carbon monoxide as a byproduct of combustion. The flue of a gas operated furnace exhausts CO and other byproducts of combustion to the outside of the home. The annual tune-up will include an inspection of the flue and cleaning if required.
- Properly maintained heating and air conditioning equipment will last longer, and by identifying problems early, can prevent more costly repairs, and dangerous conditions from developing later.
- Properly maintained heating and air conditioning systems run more efficiently and last longer.
- Manufacturers typically require annual maintenance to maintain the factory warranty.
Furnace Issues and Warning Signs
Unfortunately, the signs of furnace problems aren’t always clear cut, and easy for a homeowner to identify. The signs that a homeowner can be aware of and observe for include:
- A pure blue flame is a normal ignition flame in a gas furnace. If the flame appears yellow, orange or red, contact your HVAC technician for heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX . The pure blue color indicates the furnace is receiving the correct mixture of oxygen and gas.
- Unusual sounds are a warning, and may indicate the need for repair. Contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning for heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
- Unusual odors can be a warning in gas or electrical furnaces. Some odor is expected when a furnace has been unused for some time due to dust on the burner. Examples of unusual odors to be aware of include the smell of burning wire and oil. If these odors occur, shut the furnace off and contact your HVAC technician for heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX .
- Unexplained elevated energy bills can be an indication of poor performance. There are a number of potential causes. Have your technician inspect the system and provide heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX .
- Aging HVAC equipment is more vulnerable to frequent breakdown and complete failure than when it was newer. Routine maintenance can help to extend its service life, but eventually replacement will be required. When your aging system requires frequent heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX , consider investing in a new energy efficient and reliable HVAC system.
- Thermostats will eventually wear out and perform improperly or not at all. Signs of thermostat issues are a system that runs too often, or not often enough.
- When ice dams on roofs and colder indoor temperature occur it’s easy to assume the furnace requires replacement. Before requesting HVAC service, check the insulation in the attic. If the rafters are visible additional insulation is required. Ice dams can also be due to clogged gutters, downspouts or a roofing problem.
Don’t forget to inspect the filter often and change the filter monthly, or as recommended to ensure proper operation and efficiency.
Our certified and experienced HVAC technicians can provide prompt furnace repair as well as the air conditioning repair in Plano, TX that you need. In addition, our qualified professionals provide heating and air conditioning installation, maintenance and other services for your home’s HVAC system. Cypress’s certified professionals serve Katy, Plano and the surrounding areas.