Geothermal Heat Pump | Air Conditioning Installation
For homeowner’s researching energy efficient heating and air conditioning systems, consider a geothermal heat pump. The geothermal system provides superior long term efficiency that you won’t find in other HVAC systems. Where standard heat pumps must work against the extremes of outdoor temperatures, the geothermal heat pump utilizes the fairly stable temperature underground, where it remains a consistent 52-55 degrees year round. Contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning for additional information regarding the geothermal system, or to schedule heating and air conditioning installation.
How it Works
In the geothermal system, underground pipes, called horizontal loop fields, are buried 4-6 ft. below the surface of the soil. An alternative is to bury vertical loops where the ground surface area is insufficient. The last alternative is the installation of the loop field in a water source, such as a lake or pond.
A liquid medium, such as antifreeze flows through the loops, and either absorbs heat from the earth, or uses the earth as a heat sink for air conditioning. The geothermal heat pump also offers the benefit of quiet operation, and works so efficiently that it will typically pay for itself in energy savings in an average of 5 years depending on your energy use. Geothermal heating and air conditioning are also beneficial to the environment, with zero emissions from your home.
The benefits of a geothermal heat pump system include the following:
- Provides efficient heating and air conditioning, and offers the option of assisting the hot water heater with preheated water, saving you even more!
- The pipes of the field loop last an amazing average of 50 years, while the heat pump typically provides a 25 year lifespan. Its long life is a primary reason for its growing popularity, and is why it is being increasingly selected by homeowner’s for heating and air conditioning installation.
- Provides significant energy savings for both heating and air conditioning, with up to 50% saved on air conditioning, and up to 70% saved on heating costs.
- Quiet operation won’t disturb your outdoor activities or the neighbors.
- A geothermal system produces four times the amount of energy it consumes, providing the most energy efficient heating and air conditioning systems available, and setting the gold standard. The superior efficiency is a primary reason it is increasingly selected for heating and air conditioning installation.
- A return on your investment in as little as 5 years with the energy saved.
- Provides an environmentally friendly solution.
Only qualified and experienced geothermal HVAC installers can properly install a geothermal system for you. It is unfortunate, but not every home is ideally situated for a geothermal system. A Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning professional can assess your needs and whether or not the geothermal is an option for your home. Schedule a consultation today for heating and air conditioning installation.
Hiring a qualified installer ensures you receive the expected performance from the geothermal system.
Ready to use the power of the earth to save money while providing comfort for your home? Contact Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning today to schedule a consultation with our NATE certified HVAC technicians for heating and air conditioning installation. of a geothermal heat pump, or other system of your choice. Our professionals provide the expertise you can rely on. We serve Katy, Plano and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.