Geothermal Heat Pump | Heating and Air Conditioning
Groundsource heat pumps are electrically powered heating and air conditioning systemsthat tap into the earth’s relatively constant temperature to provide heating,cooling, and hot water for homes and commercial buildings. The geothermalheat pump consumes significantly less energy as the design utilizes theconsistent ground temperature for heat exchange, rather than working againstthe variable outdoor air temperature.
Geothermalheat pumps utilize closed oropen loops, installed in one of three ways: horizontally, vertically, or in awater source such as a pond or lake. The type you select will likely depend onthe available land area and its characteristics at the site of installation.These factors are essential in determining the most economical means forinstallation of the ground loop.
The mediaused in a closed loop system can be water-based or refrigerant-based. In atypical water-based loop, water or antifreeze solution is circulated throughthe pipes that comprise the loop buried beneath the earth’s surface. Arefrigerant-based loop relies on refrigerant flowing through copper tubing buriedbeneath the ground.
During thewinter, the fluid absorbs heat from the earth, and during the summer season,the system reverses itself to provide air conditioning by utilizing theground as a heat sink.
Open loopsystems operate on the same principle, and can be installed in a pond or lakewhere an adequate supply of water is available and open discharge is allowed.
Thebenefits of a geothermal heat pumpsystem include the following:
· Can provide heating and airconditioning, and assists the hot water heater by providing preheated waterwhen this option is chosen
· When so equipped, may save you up to 50%on water-heating costs
· The pipes of the loop typically last for50 years, while the heat pump averages a 25 year lifespan
· Provides significant energy savings for heatingand air conditioning, with up to 50% savings on air conditioning,and 40% to 70% savings on heating costs
· Operates quietly without noisy fan unitsto disturb outdoor activities
· A geothermal system will produce fourtimes the amount of energy it consumes, placing it at the top of the mostenergy efficient heating and air conditioning systems available
· A return in your investment requires onlya few years
· Rebates, credits or other incentives maybe available
· An environmentally friendly solution
The geothermalheat pump is not your standard heatingand air conditioning system. Geothermalinstallation requires a certified installer with specialized training,experience, and knowledge in geothermal technology and installation. Hiring a qualifiedinstaller ensures you receive the expected performance from the geothermal heating and air conditioning system.
Our NATE certified HVAC technicians offer the skill and expertise required for theproper installation of a geothermal heatpump, or other heating and airconditioning system of your choice. Our professionals serve Katy, Planoand the surrounding areas with the expertise that meets or exceeds industrystandards. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning is a member of the BBB with anA+ rating.