Heat pump systems work in a unique way to heat and cool your home. In the winter, pumps work by drawing warmth from the outdoor air or ground and transferring it inside. If the outdoor temperatures are unusually frigid, you can certainly add an electric heat strip that will further heat the air; however, this is typically not needed in most Texas climates, which rarely drop below freezing. In the summer, the system will switch to pulling warmth out from your indoor air and transferring it outside. This is an effective way of cooling your home, standing as an excellent alternative to an air conditioner.
Advantages of Heat Pumps
If you are considering heat pumps as your central heating choice, Mr. Reliable Heating & Air can help you decide if it is the right system for you and your family. We can also provide a fair quote and a reasonable timeframe for your consideration. There are many general benefits to installing a heat pump in your home. These include:
- Efficiency: Compared to furnaces, boilers, and electric resistance heating systems, a heat pump is highly energy efficient. You will notice consistent heating and cooling performance in every room of your home.
- Energy Saving: A highly efficient heating system such as that used by a heat pump equates to remarkable energy savings in the long term. That said, the final tally largely depends on the outdoor temperature and the size and type of your pump. Fortunately, our outdoor climate in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas is perfect to see incredible savings with a heat pump.
- Versatile: Since heat pump systems can provide cooling and heating, you will never need to deal with an alternate air conditioning system.
- Long Lifespan: With regular maintenance and repairs, you can expect to receive 15 long years out of a typical heat pump system.
Our certified, experienced team of technicians can advise which type of heat pump would be optimal for your home size and layout and that would fit your budget. There are many different types of heat pumps to choose from, including:
- Ducted Air Source: A ducted air source is the most common type of heat pump as it works by drawing warm air into your home or drawing warm air out of your home through a connected system of air ducts.
- Ground Source or Water Source: These types of systems are also termed geothermal heat pumps. Rather than pulling warmth into your home from the air, they transfer heat from the ground or a water source. Although they have higher upfront costs during installation, they produce more energy savings over time.
- Absorption: Absorption heat pumps differ from regular heat pumps because they are fueled by thermal energy rather than electricity. They require natural gas, air, or water heated by solar energy or water heated by geothermal energy to run. Although these are relatively new types of heat pumps, customers see incredible success with energy savings.
Heat Pumps Services
Mr. Reliable Heating & Air in Houston, TX, is dedicated to providing high-quality heat pump maintenance, repair, and installation service. Our team, comprised of licensed and experienced technicians, will always offer trustworthy and honest advice and skilled labor to all our customers. Our services include:
- Maintenance: As with any central heating system, heat pumps require annual maintenance and semi-annual check-ups if you experience any issues. Our technicians will ensure your system is running smoothly and safely.
- Diagnostic: If you notice any signs of heating system failure or malfunctioning, our specialists will thoroughly troubleshoot your system in order to find the source of the problem. We will explain any cleaning, repairs, or replacements that need to be carried out and provide a fair quote.
- Repair: Our experienced technicians will come prepared with all the necessary tools and common parts to make minor repairs. If your system requires more extensive repairs or replacements, we will thoroughly advise you on the situation. Typical heat pump issues in Houston, TX include heat pump running constantly, heat pump not running at all, air handler malfunctioning or not running, heat pump not heating or not cooling, heat pump short-cycling, or heat pump leaking.
- Installation: Our leading experts can help you determine which heat pump system is best for you and your family. We will provide a quote with honest pricing and a reasonable timeline to complete the job. Your heating system will be installed only by the best technicians.
Contact Mr. Reliable Heating and Air at 281-617-2234. For more to schedule installation, maintenance, or repair of your heat pump system in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas.