Heating and Air Conditioning in Katy, TX – Tips to Stay Cool – Part I
The following tips will help you staycool when it is hot outside by cutting the cost of cooling by reducing the loadon your heating and air conditioning inKaty, TX and by reducing the heat gain in your home also. Even if you areon a tight budget and cannot implement all of these tips, select what you can,and it will still add up to additional savings from your air conditioning in Katy, TX on your future electric bills.
1. Doors and windows are quite often a common source for air leaks in ahome. You should inspect around your windows for cracks or missing caulking orseals, and if you find any, replace as needed. Inspect around your doors forimproper fits, cracked or broken seals and gaskets, and once again if you findany of these problems, replace as needed. When you provide these repairs itwill prevent hot air from intruding into your home and adversely affecting yourhome’s air conditioning in Katy, TX.
2. Another method to prevent heat from entering windows and glass doorsin your home that you can easily do yourself is by adding UV filtering windowfilm to your windows and any doors with their own glass. You will not need topurchase new windows, or even hire a professional to do the installation. UVfiltering window film is available in pretty much every major home supplystore. It is easily installed and it is attached to windows by using soapywater. Due to the ultra-thin properties of the film, special care is needed toprevent the possibility of wrinkles in the film. It is however, removable withcare and caution and can be reused. If there are a few wrinkles afterinstalling it, it will not affect the performance of the film, only itsappearance.
UV filtering window film is exceptionally effective at preventing heatgain from glass. If your budget is constrained and will not allow for all doorsand windows to have this film installed on, then install the film only on doorsand windows where sun heats up the interior of your home for a more comfortableindoor environment. By doing so will offer less strain on your air conditioning in Katy, TX.
If you really do not have a budget and would prefer an upgrade,commercial grade window film is easier to handle, and there are even a fewbrands that will offer the equivalent of an additional layer of glass, thusincreasing the window energy efficiency year round. You can have a professional install a highergrade of window film, or you can remove the windows and take them to theirshop. Window film is an excellent way to cut back on heat gain that accumulateswithin a home due to glass, and it is also great reducing the workload andcosts of operating and cost of airconditioning in Katy, TX.
3. Make sure that you change the air filter in your home’s air conditioning in Katy, TX everymonth, unless the manufacturer from your system recommends otherwise. By doingso, your system will work more efficiently, last longer, and will require lessrepairs. To help you remember to do this every month, you could arrange amonthly alert, alarm or reminder on your smartphone.
4. Any homeowner that enjoys cooking with the oven knows that it willdramatically heat up your home and cause your air conditioning in Katy, TX to run more often while the oven isin use. In order to reduce the amount of heat from cooking, use the microwave,serve cold salads, sandwiches and the like. If using the oven is unavoidable,use a toaster oven or an outdoor grill when permitted. If using an oven,cooking early in the morning will usually allow the heat from the oven todissipate before the heat of the day begins to shine down on your home.
5. Whenever the indoor humidity is too high, it can make you feel hotterthan it really is. A home’s heating and cooling system will remove moisturefrom the air, however whenever humidity is excessively too high, the system maynot be able to reduce humidity to a more comfortable level which would rangefrom 30 – 50%.
In order to resolve this, you may want to purchase a whole housedehumidifier which will reduce humidity levels in your home and make it feelcooler. This will make it so that you can adjust the thermostat withoutsacrificing comfort. Dehumidifiers are available in all sizes ranging fromportable ones that will dehumidify one room to whole-house ones that can beinstalled alongside your airconditioning in Katy, TX. Give Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning acall for a quote on the installation of a whole house dehumidifier.
About Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning has beenhelping homeowners and businesses alike in Katy, Texas and surrounding areasfor many years with air conditioning inKaty, TX. We are one of the leading heating and air companies in thearea. Dedication, determination and professional services that you can rely onhave helped made us the go to source for customers in the area who are in needof heating and cooling repairs, installations and maintenance. When you contact Cypress Heating and AirConditioning in Katy, Texas you can rest assured knowing that you arereceiving high quality professional airconditioning in Katy, TX that is both reliable and affordable.
CypressHeating and Air Conditioning in Katy, Texas is a leader in the HVAC fieldservicing Katy, Plano, and surrounding areas. Our NATE certified techniciansprovide professional HVAC related services, installation and repairs. If youare looking for help with your home or business’ HVAC system and need air conditioning in Katy, TX do not hesitate to give us a call today. Oneof our professional technicians will be more than happy to assist you andschedule a service call air conditioning inKaty, TX at your earliest convenience. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning isa proud member of the BBB and maintains a rock solid A+ rating.