HVAC | Air Conditioning Service
HVAC is a common abbreviation that many people associate with their home’s heating and air conditioning system, but there is actually a third component to it. The term HVAC is short for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning’s licensed, certified technicians are standing by to provide the heating and air conditioning service you need.
HVAC Controls Your Comfort
The majority of us spend more time indoors than outside. With professional annual heating and air conditioning service, your home’sHVAC equipment helps to provide a higher standard of indoor air quality, and a comfortable environment. Air conditioning controls temperature and reduces humidity during the summer for a healthier and more comfortable environment that could otherwise contain mold, mildew, an increased level of dust mites, as well as being an uncomfortable environment.
Indoor Air Quality
According to the EPA, the indoor air quality in many U.S. homes is as much as 5 times worse than the air outside them. This is partially due to homes being constructed tighter to conserve energy. You may be wondering where the indoor pollution comes from. The following are some of the potential sources:
- The combustion of fossil fuels, such as a gas furnace or a gas water heater is a potential source of deadly carbon monoxide and other exhaust gases. Under normal circumstances, gas-burning equipment vents hazardous carbon monoxide to the outside of the home. It is only when a problem occurs such as a crack in the combustion chamber, or a clogged ventilation pipe to the furnace or water heater, that exhaust fumes and/or gas leaks can create a dangerous hazard in your home. Annual maintenance and inspection of your heating system, and the water heater will ensure proper operation, and safety.
- Poor ventilation of the home can result in mold, and result in the buildup of chemical vapors in the home. Chemicals that contribute to hazardous air are air fresheners, cleaning products, chemical containing agents from crafts and hobbies, and personal care products, for example.
- Allergens, pollen, smoke from wood fires and tobacco use, bacteria, mold, dust and dirty ductwork can adversely affect your health. The very young, the aged, and those with heart, lung or immune system disorders are especially vulnerable. Air purification systems may assist you in providing cleaner air for your home. Maintaining an exceptionally clean home, and opening a window or door when the weather allows can assist in diluting polluted air and providing a fresh source of cleaner air. Routine heating and air conditioning service will assure your HVAC system.
- Cracks and gaps around electrical, cables and pipes, and plumbing penetrations can allow contaminated air from crawlspaces and attics to enter the interior of the home. Seal around penetrations with expanding foam or caulk. However, ventilation pipes that exhaust hot gases require specialized heat tolerant sealant.
Best Practices to Improve the Indoor Environment
To create a healthier home environment, provide the following:
- 1. Provide professional annual heating and air conditioning service. The annual service ensures proper performance, the best efficiency, ensures your safety, and prolongs the system’s lifespan. Sceheduling annual heating and air conditioning service call is one of the most important actions you can take to ensure performance and your safety. Your Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning technician will provide a comprehensive examination of the system and test for carbon monoxide and other hazards.
- 2. When new heating and air conditioning equipment is being installed, ensure proper installation by using a licensed, experienced contractor. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning provides licensed, NATE certified installers to ensure an installation that meets and/or exceeds the industry standards.
- 3. Change the air filter every month or as recommended by the HVAC system manufacturer. A number of programmable thermostats can provide a warning, or in the case of a WIFI enabled thermostat, notify you when it’s time to change the filter.
- 4. Inspect the attic to ensure the vents are not blocked in order to assure adequate ventilation, preventing mold and mildew from developing.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning provides expert heating and air conditioning service for your HVAC needs. Give us a call to schedule your annual service, heating and AC repair in Katy, installation or other services. We serve Katy, Plano and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.