Repair or Replace |Air Conditioning Repair, Plano, TX
If you’re wondering whether to repair or replace a home’s heating and air conditioning system, the following information can assist you in the decision. A system that should be replaced is often affected by certain factors, such as age, and exhibits signs that it’s past its prime. With summer just around the corner with temperatures already rising, if another summer of frequent calls to a technician for air conditioning repair in Plano, TX appears to be developing, and the following sound like your system, it may be time for replacement if:
- The HVAC system is greater than 10 years old – A system purchased today will have a higher efficiency than one just five years old. Purchase an HVAC system that has earned the Energy Star label. When proper installation and when sized correctly for the home, today’s high efficiency systems can save up to 20 percent on the cost of heating and air conditioning.
- The HVAC system needs frequent repairs and the cost of operation is increasing – A decline in efficiency is common in worn systems as they age. Proper maintenance throughout its lifespan will assist in maintaining efficiency and reliability, though there comes a time when wear takes its toll on all HVAC systems, and breakdowns occur more often, resulting in increased heating and/or air conditioning repair in Plano, TX. Lost efficiency is a common sign that it’s time to replace a worn out system.
- The home has rooms that are too hot or too cold – While duct problems and inadequate insulation may cause this, improper operation and performance of HVAC equipment can also be a cause as components weaken with wear.
- Your home has uncomfortable humidity problems – Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the indoor environment to be excessively humid in the summer.
- Excessive dust – Leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces and basements and distribute them throughout the home. Sealing the ducts may be a solution. However, HVAC systems that have been poorly maintained can result in dirty ducts and poorly operating components. If you have scheduled air conditioning repair in Plano, TX, discuss the system’s efficiency and projected remaining lifespan with your HVAC technician.
- Noisy operation – Unusual noise may be due to worn parts or loose components
Age and the lack of maintenance are factors that can adversely affect the HVAC system. You can’t avoid aging, though you can ensure proper maintenance. Purchasing an energy efficient HVAC system will provide advantages the existing system doesn’t offer such as the following:
Modern systems provide a more even distribution of temperature throughout the home. This is possible through multi-stage compressors and variable speed blowers that adjust to the output that is required. The technology provides quieter operation, significant energy savings, increased comfort and reduces wear and tear on the affected components, resulting in the need for less heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
The installation of a high energy efficient system can save significantly on the energy bill. Select an Energy Star rated system for potential tax credits, improved comfort and greater reliability with reduced heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
Today’s systems operate quieter and require less space.
Today’s systems offer advanced technology, both in the systems engineering, and the features offered. For even greater benefits, consider installing a programmable thermostat, or a smart thermostat. Smart thermostats offer a number of ways to save energy. If you need to adjust the thermostat when away from home, a smart thermostat controlled by Wi-Fi enables adjustment using a smartphone, tablet or computer. You can even receive reports on how much energy has been saved.
Today’s technology assures a comfortable home and makes it easier than ever before to save on energy. With so many advanced features to select from, there has never been a better time for installation.
Finally, an additional consideration in the decision between repair or replace, is the cost of repair. It’s generally recommended to replace a system requiring heating or air conditioning repair in Plano, TX of greater frequency than once per year when the cost of repair exceeds 25% of the purchase of a new system.
If you require further assistance in the decision to repair or replace, give us a call, we will be glad to help you. Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning professionals strive to exceed your expectations. In order to maintain our standards of excellence around the clock, our certified technicians offer 24 hour emergency service so we can be there for you. Give us a call when you need heating or air conditioning repair in Plano, TX or in Katy and the surrounding areas. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.