Saving Energy | Air Conditioning Repair Katy
When your home’s air conditioner fails in the August heat, air conditioning repair in Katy is not an option, but a necessity. The following tips will help you to be more comfortable while you wait for the technician, and when used throughout the summer, will save money by saving energy:
Use Fans to Circulate Air
While fans will not actually reduce the room temperature, they will help you to feel cooler. Place ceiling fans on counter clockwise rotation for the summer. Fans will increase your comfort while you wait for air conditioning repair in Katy.
Close the Curtains
Closing the curtains and blinds will assist in keeping the heat out. They act as an insulating layer against heat, and assists in blocking the sun, and the heat gain it can cause in a room. The installation of solar reflective film (also called low-e films) on windows will block up to 99% of the suns UV rays. The film will protect your furnishings from fading, and the heat from UV rays will not enter through the windows.
When shopping for window film, read the details as it is not all created equally. Ultimately, solar reflective window film will make your home cooler, reducing wear and tear on the HVAC system, and consequently reducing the frequency of air conditioning repair in Katy.
Cooking increases the home’s temperature, and causes the. Cook and use the clothes dryer early in the morning or late in the evening. Better yet, plan hot weather foods such as cool salads, sandwiches or cook in the microwave. Use the dishwasher late in the evenings before bedtime, and shower with a slightly cooler shower temperature. These tips also save on energy costs and help you to avoid peak time electrical rates.
Keep Doors and Windows Closed During the Heat of the Day
During the summer, keep windows and doors closed as much as possible during the heat of the day. Check caulking and seals for air leaks. The repair of seals will prevent hot air intrusion, and assist in reducing the cost of air conditioning the home.
Change or clean (depending on the type) the air filter on a monthly basis unless the system manufacturer recommends otherwise. With a routine filter change, the air conditioner will perform better, operate efficiently, and will last longer with less need for air conditioning repair in Katy.
Professional annual maintenance of the heating and air conditioning system ensures peak performance and an extended lifespan of the system.
When your home’s air conditioning in Katy, TX is experiencing frequent breakdowns, investing in a new Energy Star approved air conditioning installation will lower the electric bill and provide reliability. Today’s HVAC systems have greater energy efficiency even last year’s system. A Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning professional will be glad to assist you when you need a new installation or air conditioning repair in Katy.
Additional Energy Saving Tips
- Adding insulation to the attic can reduce the amount of heat transferring from the attic space to the rooms below.
- An attic fan will pull hot air out of the attic, while pulling in cooler air from the opposite end of the home. A cooler attic provides a cooler environment in the rooms below.
- When it comes time for a new roof, consider the installation of a cool roof. A white solar reflective roof reflects the sun’s heat away from the roof, providing a cooler attic, and cooler living space in the rooms beneath it.
- Install a programmable thermostat for precise temperature control, and energy saving features. If you have ever forgotten to adjust the thermostat before you leave home, a programmable thermostat ensures it will never happen again. Though features vary by model, the programmable thermostat offers a number of ways to help save energy.
- High humidity can make it feel hotter than the actual air temperature. While central air conditioning removes moisture from the air, the system alone may not be able to reduce extreme humidity to the recommended comfort level of 30-50%.
A whole house de-humidifier will reduce humidity, and provide maximum comfort. Furthermore, you can adjust the thermostat up, without sacrificing comfort.
- Ensure the HVAC system is the proper size by using a qualified contractor, such as Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning. A proper size system provides optimal comfort, maximum efficiency, and the longest service life possible. Under or oversized systems create discomfort year round, elevated energy bills, experience premature wear, and require frequent heating and air conditioning repair in Katy.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning is the trusted source for professional heating and air conditioning services. Whether you need maintenance for helping you on saving energy, installation or air conditioning repair in Katy, our certified and experienced technicians will provide professional quality services, and your guaranteed satisfaction. We serve Katy, Plano and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.