Smart Heating & Air Conditioning Thermostats
Programmable Thermostat | Heating and Air Conditioning
This time of the year a conventional thermostat can be both a source of aggravation, and a cause of discomfort and elevated energy bills. That is due to the see-saw effect of temperatures experienced during the fall and spring season. The days are often warm enough to require air conditioning, while the nights are cool enough to require heat. Now, you no longer have to make those extra steps to the thermostat to control your heating and air conditioning function. You can be in control of your home’s temperature with a pre-set programmed schedule.
Thankfully, there is a solution in a programmable thermostat with the capacity to change itself automatically for cool nights and hot days. It isn’t uncommon for homeowner’s to forget to adjust the thermostat before leaving for work, resulting in an overly warm home upon your return.
A programmable thermostat will provide more than just convenience, it will save you money when you are installing a new heating and air conditioning system, the two combined will add up to significant savings on energy costs.
Heat pump owners used to be left out of the benefits of convenient, money saving programmable thermostats. That is no longer the case, with the introduction of programmable thermostats designed specifically for use with heat pumps. Using specially designed algorithms, the thermostat can minimize the use of backup electric heating systems.
Let’s look at the potential benefits of a programmable thermostat. Keep in mind, options vary by model, the following are some of the benefits available on various models:
- Provides greater accuracy and a consistent temperature
- Programmable to your household’s individual needs
- Conserves energy and saves money
- Automatically changes from heat to cooling and back again
- A reasonable DIY project for the handy homeowner
- Models are available that “learn” your habits and preferences, programming themselves. Called Learning Thermostats, they are able to sense when the home is unoccupied or when a family member returns home, and adjust the temperature accordingly. They provide monthly energy reports, and guide you to energy efficient settings. In addition, Learning Thermostats connect to your home Wi-Fi network and can be monitored, set and managed remotely over Wi-Fi from a computer, smartphone or tablet. This technology enables you to control your heating and air conditioning system from virtually any location with Wi-Fi.
- Can eliminate unnecessary HVAC operation, reducing wear and tear on your homes heating and air conditioning system, extending its service life and reducing repairs.
- Now becoming available for heat pumps
- Numerous day options are available, enabling you to program multiple settings for up to a week:
- 7-day programming – Suitable for the active family with variable schedules.
- Weeklong programming – Excellent choice for the home where schedules are routine.
- 5-2 programming – An ideal selection for the household that works a traditional work week and weekend schedule.
- 5-1-1 programming – Provides the flexibility needed for households whose weekend workdays experience variable scheduling.
- Vacation override
- Touch screens
- Keyboard lock to prevent unauthorized changes
- Can text or email you when changes are made
- Short term change in temperature may be allowed, and will return to programmed setting after a short time
The next time you forget to adjust your manual thermostat, consider the steps and the money you can save over time with a programmable thermostat. With the consistent rise in the cost of energy, a digital thermostat will soon pay for itself while keeping your home consistently comfortable.
With so many options available, you may feel uncertain of the programmable thermostat your home requires. A thermostat will need to be compatible with your heating and air conditioning system for proper function and the greatest efficiency. The professionals of Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning can provide the assistance you need ensuring your selection is the ideal thermostat for your home and lifestyle, as well as for your heating and air conditioning system.
Eventually a thermostat will wear out over time, and will require replacement. If the HVAC system in your home seems to always be running too often or not enough, your thermostat may need replacement. Our certified HVAC technicians can provide the thermostat installation that you need.
Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning offers certified HVAC technicians with the expertise for superior heating and air conditioning service. If you’re interested in having a programmable thermostat installed in your home for your existing HVAC system , or in conjunction with a new heating and air conditioning installation give us a call. Thanks for visiting Cypress Heating and Air Conditioning.