Here at Mr. Reliable Heating and Air, we specialize in all types of central heating systems. Depending on the type of system you have, you will require different maintenance routines and schedules, skilled repair techniques, and special replacement parts.
Additionally, if you are planning to replace or install a heating system, your ideal choice may depend on the size and layout of your home, ease of use and maintenance, or current and long-term budget. Our technicians can provide the expertise to help with these tough decisions.
The most common heating systems of this type in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas homes are:
- Forced Air System: A forced-air system takes cool air from inside your house, transfers it to the furnace to be heated, and then sends the warm air back into your house through ducts. If your HVAC system includes an air conditioner and a furnace, then you very well may have a forced-air system. These types of systems can use natural gas, propane, oil, coal, wood, or electricity to run the furnace. In some older homes, you may still find a gravity furnace system.
- Radiant Heating: Radiant heating works by heating flooring rather than pushing warm or hot air out of air ducts. Most systems use natural gas, propane, or electric boiler in order to heat water. They move the hot water throughout your home, typically via tubes in the flooring. Other systems utilize electrical wiring instead of hot water installed under the flooring.
- Traditional Boiler: A central boiler works similarly to radiant heating. It uses a boiler to heat steam or hot water and then runs the steam or water through pipes to specific radiator units in each room.
- Heat Pump: A heat pump system extracts heat from outdoor air and delivers it into your home. These systems rely on refrigerant and electricity to transfer heat. Furthermore, they can switch between cooling and heating, depending on the season. For instance, in the hot summers of Houston, TX, you can count on your heat pump system to extract hot air from inside your home and push it outdoors.
- Electric Resistance Heating: Electric resistance heating is not typically used as a central heating source but rather a supplemental heating source. Yet, you may still find them in small rooms and basements. Some apartment buildings use them as a primary source of heat as well.
Common Heating Needs
We, at Mr. Reliable Heating and Air, provide a multitude of services for all your heating needs. You can count on our certified, experienced technicians to provide friendly and courteous service, skilled work, honest and fair prices, and efficient timeframes. Our main heating services include:
Heating System Maintenance
Heating system maintenance should be performed regularly and routinely; a general rule of thumb is to have annual maintenance done, although this can be more frequent if you have an older or larger system. Maintenance allows your central heating system to perform efficiently, which not only provides consistent and even heating in your home but reduces energy costs as well. It will also save you money in the long run as our technicians will be able to complete any minor repairs before they become major problems.
Heating System Inspection
If you find that your heating is performing inadequately or malfunctioning, our experienced and skilled technicians will be able to find out what’s going on. We will then advise you of the recommended course of action, such as cleaning, repair, or replacement part.
Heating System Repair
It is important to complete heating system repairs as soon as concerns or issues arise. Conducting the proper repairs in a timely manner can prevent larger system failures and preempt potentially dangerous situations. Our certified technicians always arrive with all the necessary equipment and common parts to complete potential minor repairs. If more extensive repairs or a total system replacement need to be carried out, we will be certain to complete them in an efficient and timely manner.
Heating System Installation
Heating system installation can be an extensive job. Mr. Reliable Heating and Air understands that you need technicians that you can trust to do the job correctly. Our team is skilled and experienced in working with every type of heating system. We will also make sure that we install a system that works for you and your family, one that is most efficient for the size and layout of your home and that is easy for you to care for and use. Additionally, we will always provide honest and fair prices and timeframes for system installations or system replacements.
Contact Mr. Reliable Heating and Air attoday for central heating system services!
Heat pump systems are one of the most efficient ways to heat your home in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas. They are also a versatile system that can switch between heating and cooling effortlessly; this is ideal for our hot summers and cool winters. Furthermore, they are perfect for reducing our energy costs as they typically run on refrigerant and electricity. The geothermal options boast more extensive savings.
If you are looking for a reputable and trustworthy company to install a heat pump system in your home, the Mr. Reliable Heating & Air team is here for you. We can also carry out any maintenance, diagnostic and repair, or replacement services that you may need for your heat pump system.