Heating system maintenance is incredibly important in ensuring that your home will be consistently and efficiently heated when the temperatures begin to drop in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas. It also plays a significant factor in the lifespan of your heating system since routine maintenance will detect any minor problems and prevent major issues.
Maintenance and Upkeep
There are a few regular tasks that you can complete on your own to ensure your heating system runs well. Some of these general heating maintenance duties include cleaning and dusting around your system and the ductwork, verifying that your thermostat is operating properly and reading the temperature of your home accurately, and staying vigilant to any sudden changes. More specific tasks depend on your type of central heating appliance.
Clean the air grille as needed. Also, change the air filter as suggested by your installation company or owner’s manual.
Gas and Oil Furnace
Routinely check the fuel line for any leaks. If you find one, evacuate and call your gas company and emergency services. Change the air filter as suggested by your owner’s manual. Clean the air grille as needed. If you have a chimney, clean your chimney annually.
Change the air filter as suggested by your owner’s manual—clean outdoor coils as needed. Remove leaves and other debris from in front of the outdoor unit.
Call Mr. Reliable Heating and Air if you need assistance.
Clean air vents and flues as needed. You can also leave this job for our HVAC service pros. It’s equally important to check the water level in the boiler and clear the area around the boiler as needed. When we conduct annual maintenance, we’ll verify that the flame on your boiler is blue rather than yellow or orange, which typically indicates a problem.
Our Heating Maintenance Services
Ultimately, the bulk of heating maintenance should be performed by licensed professionals. At Mr. Reliable Heating and Air, we employ experienced and trained technicians who will be happy to carry out all your maintenance and repair needs. We are here for you and your family in Houston, TX, and the surrounding area.
In general, we recommend performing routine maintenance annually. However, this may be more frequent for those who have complex or older heating systems. Furthermore, some aspects of regular maintenance, such as changing air filters, may need to be performed every few months. You can certainly give us a call for small maintenance tasks such as this.
Specifically, our regular heating maintenance services include cleaning the heating system and verifying each component is intact and functioning optimally. If we detect any issues, we will thoroughly advise you on the situation and carry out any work or repairs that need to be completed. Our technicians always carry the necessary equipment and parts to repair minor problems. If the problem requires extensive repairs or labor-intensive work, we will work with you to get the job done as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
Advantages to Professional Heating Maintenance
Although you can perform regular maintenance tasks on your heating system, it is in your best interest to invest in routine professional heating maintenance services. Mr. Reliable Heating and Air in Houston, TX, will provide excellent maintenance and repair services. Some of the advantages of our services include:
- Saving on energy costs: Our certified technicians are knowledgeable and trained to properly clean and calibrate your heating system such that it performs efficiently. If all the parts in your system can move freely and work together optimally, your system will never need to work harder than necessary to deliver your heat. Consequently, your energy usage and corresponding utility bills should remain low.
- Improving your air quality: If you have ductwork, heated air, or air-conditioned, air moves throughout your network, delivering air to each of the rooms in your home. If the cleaning of your ductwork is neglected for quite some time, or your air filters are not changed regularly, dust and debris moves throughout your home. Furthermore, clogged ducts or filters may mean dust, bacteria, mildew, or mold particles are not becoming trapped. Instead, they are circulating in your home constantly.
- Ensuring even-heating: Any components that are malfunctioning may lead to uneven heating throughout your home or heat output that does not correspond with your thermostat setting. Performing heating maintenance in order to catch or prevent any potential issues will ensure that your home can be comfortably and evenly heated.
- Extending the lifespan of your heating system. Most heating systems can last up to 15 years if the proper maintenance is completed.
- Lowering your repair costs. If you receive our professional maintenance services, our certified technicians have been expertly trained to detect minor problems before they become dangerous issues. You will sufficiently lower your chances of needing major and costly repairs, but you will save yourself from needing unnecessary large or complete system replacements.
Trusted Heating Maintenance Company in Houston, TX
As a regular customer of Mr. Reliable Heating and Air, our team will be able to get to know you and your heating system needs. We will be able to verify what maintenance or repairs you have done with us in the past and schedule you for further follow-ups. We will also be able to advise you on preventative work or repairs that may need to be done in the future. Further, we can update you on any protection plans or upgraded equipment that applies to your heating system that has entered the market. Furthermore, you will be able to rely on a local heating maintenance and repair company right here in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas.
Call Mr. Reliable Heating and Air at [rpdp-phone-link] for all your heating service needs.